Robert Henke - CBM 8032 AV [extra tickets]
Old technology, new sounds: Berlin grandmaster of electronics presents breathtaking light and sound play with vintage computers from 1980.
Composer and software maker Robert Henke returns to the technology of his youth with the audiovisual concert CBM 8032 AV. Armed with five massive 1980 Commodore computers de Berlin grandmaster explores the beauty of simple computer graphics and lo-fi sounds. And yet the work is more than a nostalgic return to 40 years ago. “Everything could have been done already in 1980”, Henke says about the project, “but it needed the cultural backdrop of today to come up with the artistic ideas driving it.” But more than a concept, CBM 8032 AV is a breathtaking sensorial rollercoaster in monochrome green and Kraftwerk-style blips and beeps. Back to the future!
• Safety first: we keep 1 meter distance between all bubbles, there are hand sanitisers throughout the building, and the air in the venues is permanently ventilated.
• Wearing a face mask is mandatory throughout the building, also during the performances. You can, of course, take it off when you're having a drink before or after the shows.
• Speaking of a drink: you can also have dinner in STUKcafé before the show. From 18:00 to 20:30 we serve pasta, chili and soups with a focus on local, healthy and delicious!
• Don't forget your tickets - on paper or digital. A confirmation mail is not a valid ticket, we need to be able to scan the QR code on your ticket at the entrance.
• Please find the full timing of this evening below.
SHOW 1: Robert Henke - CBM 8032 AV (STUK Soetezaal)
20:00 start show
SHOW 2: Robert Henke - CBM 8032 AV (STUK Soetezaal)
22:00 start show
➤ Closed doors, latecomers cannot get in once the show has started!
The day after his AV shows, Robert Henke will give a sold out masterclass in STUK Labozaal.
At the door
€16 STUK card / culture card
€14 STUK card / culture card
Seated concert with closed doors.
Be on time - latecomers will not be able to enter.