Open Call : Showcase Emerging Sound 2020
STUK, Q-O2 and Musica annually present a sample of new Belgian sound art. Four works by young creators are presented in a “parcours” format at STUK. The showcase will represent the diversity of the field of the sonic arts, from audio-visual creation to live radio work to spatial music, and gives the next generation of sound artists a creative push. For the second edition of Showcase Emerging Sound, on Wednesday 20 May 2020, we are once again calling for contemporary work with a special focus on sound art in all its diversity.
Lore Stessel & Ruben Martinez Orio
Veta (editie 2019)
- You are a "young" maker. That means: a student, recently graduated, at the cradle of a career or not yet sufficiently networked within the professional sound art field.
- You are the creator of a sound installation, experimental music, audiovisual art, transdisciplinary performance, reflection on sound, sound walk, participatory project involving sound and music, radiophonic creation, podcast, art in public space, etc.
- You are the maker of a new work that is not older than 2018. The intention is that you, as the maker, choose only one work for this call. Entries with more than one work will not be considered.
- You have a link with Belgium: living or studying in Belgium or Belgian nationality.
What do we offer?
- Presentation of one work (max. 30 minutes) during the Showcase Emerging Sound 2020 on Wednesday 20 May 2020 in STUK Leuven.
- Feedback session and the possibility of residency with coaching, in consultation with the artist.
- Visibility and support in communication and documentation to Belgian and international programmers and the broader professional sector.
- Artistic honorarium: 500 euro
- Transport costs: up to 50 euro
How to get involved?
You can take part by submitting of one artistic work, made between 2018 and 2020. The purpose is that you as maker choose only one work for this call.
Send comprehensive documentation about your work, (description, audio, video, eventual press) accompanied by a biography and/or portfolio with links, before 15 October 2019 to Heidi.Lurinx@musica.be with as subject ‘Open Call Showcase Emerging Sound - Surname, Given name’ and confirm your registration through this online registration form.
This call is open to everyone. The selection process does not take a participant's age, sex, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, handicap or education into consideration. The selected artists will be informed at the latest by mid December.