Masterclasses David Helbich & Wim Janssen
Free double masterclass by David Helbich and Wim Janssen on the 17th of October at Cas-co and STUK
In the context of the WORKSPACE/LABO program of Cas-co and Beyond Music #3 (27th of November) in STUK, artists David Helbich and Wim Janssens each will give a masterclass about their transdisciplinary practice. This free double masterclass is aimed for artists working or having interest in the field of visual arts, performance, installation and sound.
Artists David Helbich en Wim Janssen often bring sound or space in relation to audiovisual technologies to create multimedia work that relate to the context in which they are created.
The work of multimedia artist Wim Janssen results from translating one medium into another. He will talk about his new project for his first residency in Cas-co, a new installation in which he uses pellicule film, normally used in analogue photographs or moving image, to create sound.
Sound artist, performer and creator of Belgian Solutions David Helbich creates group performances in which he invites his public to interact with each other & their surroundings. In his masterclass he will use the participants as a ‘test audience’ for his new performance All One Shape, which will premiere at Beyond Music #3 on the 27th of November.
- Language: Engels
- Max. 16 participants
- Thursday 17 October (10:00-17:00)
- 10:00-13:00 masterclass Wim Janssens - Cas-co (Vaartstraat 94, 3000 Leuven)
- 13:00-14:00 lunch - STUK Artist kitchen (Naamsestraat 96, 3000 Leuven)
- 14:00-17:00 masterclass - STUK Labozaal
- Participants receive a free ticket for Beyond Music #3: Laboratory for Sound Performances on November 27
- Participants are invited for the opening and artist talk Wim Janssen, 12 November 19:00 in Cas-co
- Reservation is required via this link
FREE, reservation required