STUK Terrasconcert: Ignatz (sold oud)
The unparalleled Ignatz presents his new album You Can't See Me in STUK's courtyard.
Ignatz is the moniker of guitarist-singer Bram Devens. Armed with an acoustic guitar and some effects, he creates his own recognizable world that can be described as improvisation-based 'Euro blues'. Ignatz' songs are spare, deeply human and driven by a primitive spontaneity. The framework is lo fi folk, but turned inside out, bathed in effects, corroded by tapes. His new 7 inch vinyl You Can't See Me will be out on KRAAK this month. It is a musical gem that is subtle, stripped down and fragile, with speckles of piano keys adding an unexpected layer.
• Entrance only via Naamsestraat, via the outside stairs and STUK Reception. The doors open at 20:00, the concert starts at 20:30.
• This will be a seated concert in open air, without a roof. Please dress warmly and bring a rain jacket or umbrella.
• Wearing a face mask is mandatory in the entire STUK building, also during the concerts. You can sit together with your bubble, but please keep 1,5m distance from other bubbles.
• There will be a small bar : you can order a drink upon arrival, and consume it once you are seated. Digital payments only, via the Bancontact app or Payconiq app.
• Wheelchair users can call the phone number mentioned at the entrance - a STUK colleague will come and pick you up and get you to the concert space.
‘This has more to do with improvisation and its allied possibilities of transcendence and failure than running up and down 12-bar schemes at lightning speed.’